[nfbmi-talk] [Chapter-presidents] Sad News, Andy Virden is Killed

Fred wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Mon Mar 14 02:53:46 UTC 2011

,hello,

After reading the article in the paper, I learned even more about Andy.  He
and I talked often at conventions and Blast conferences, I really liked him.
I will miss him and am angry about how he died.

It is not just blind pedestrians.  there have been several pedestrian
incidents here in Lansing who were not blind, 2 of them were killed.
Pedestrians are not protected by the law.  People are ticketed for not
wearing seatbelts or using a cell phone but not for killing people who are
walking.  I am more than a little angry about it.  One of the highest
profile incident's was Steven King, the author who was hit while jogging by
someone who was distracted in their vehicle by their dog inside the car.  no
charges.  We need to be more vocal about this problem.

Warmest Regards,

Fred