[nfbmi-talk] mcb foia ada and 504 request

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Mar 24 13:01:44 UTC 2011

March 24, 2011

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

Re: Several ADA and FOIA requests for Information

Carla Haynes

Michigan Commission for the Blind

FOIA

(Via E-mail)

Patrick D. Cannon

Director, Michigan Commission for the Blind

(via E-mail)

Dear Ms. Haynes and Mr. Cannon,

I am writing today to ask for the following items under the Michigan Freedom of Information act:

-the recordings of the December, 2010 and March, 2011 MCB meetings

-the complete internal operating budget including line item expenditures Fiscal Year 2010 (including the missing last quarter)

-the complete internal operating budget through the first two quarters of this fiscal year

-the contract between the Commission and the Clarion Hotel in Kalamazoo for purposes of use as the interim MCB TC

The following items are requests for information under relevant provisions of The Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973:

-the corrective action plan and final response to the RSA monitoring report which, as it was discussed at the last MCB meeting and was claimed to have been sent to Commissioners should have been made a part of my ADA accommodation package prior to the meetings of March 17 and 18, 2011 and constitute a violation of the ADA in the omission of same

-the draft minutes of the March 17 and 18, 2011 MCB meetings

Of course, as a person who is blind I am requesting all of the above information and any correspondences to this request in accessible format and a timely manner. I invoked the ADA, Title II, subpart e, communications in this regard. Aside from the recordings which can be sent as in the past on a flash card as mp3 files via U.S. mail I request that all other information is sent to me as either Word, or plain text file attachments, or enclosures to my E-mail address.

I thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.