[nfbmi-talk] April 28, 2011 Minutes,

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 22:32:54 UTC 2011

Hello All,

First, I believe the minutes as they are written about thanking Karen Taylor with a financial contribution for her services at Camp Tuhsmeheta is correct.

Second, I am wondering why the committee for the Michigan Commission for the Blind presentation did not consider any of the resolutions we passed during our state convention. It would seem to me that if the resolutions we pass at our state convention become policies of our organization, and if any of these resolutions deal with the Michigan commission for the Blind, then I believe they should be a part of our presentation. If we never take any action on the resolutions we pass at state convention, then what good are they in the first place?

I would have voiced my concerns about this during the conference call, but I was not able to join the call until after this item had already been discussed. I know that we passed a resolution at state convention asking the Michigan commission for the Blind to take specific action regarding the college policy. I was disappointed that our organization did not take a stand on this issue last year during our presentation, and I think it would be a shame to not include it during our presentation this year as well. If the leadership of this organization truly values the input of the younger generations, or the leadership of tomorrow, then I would think they would want to support them and include issues that are relevant to them.

Warm Regards,
Elizabeth