[nfbmi-talk] August 6, 2011 Minutes National Federation of the Blind of MichiganQuarterlyBoard Meeting

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 12:29:43 UTC 2011

Hi J.J. and Elizabeth and All,

While the Michigan Open Meetings Act is not applicable to a 501 (c) (3)
organization like NFB it does require that draft minutes are made available
in 8 working days to the public.

I agree that something like that would be best practice for NFB MI.
Moreover, it is also best practice to approve or modify prior meeting
minutes at the next meeting and is in Robert's Rules of Order.

Regardless as to form and legality I agree with both of you on this issue as
stated before.

I also agree that Terri does a fine job and it is appreciated.

But if there are issues then they are better handled at the next subsequent
meeting than after months for then the memory is fresh.

Peace with Justice,

Joe