[nfbmi-talk] a d a policy

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Nov 15 13:29:46 UTC 2011

Hi Phyllis,

Under both the ADA and for all recipients of federal funds, Section 504 the
head of the entity is ultimately responsable for past andongoing
obligations. In the case of a school district that would be the
Superintendent and the School Board.

Now, each public entity with more than 15 employees is also supposed to have
an ADA coordinator or "responsable designee".

This said, most entities in Michigan have scoffed at these civil rights laws
and many enforcement,legally requiredentities have dropped the ball like
Michigan Protection and Advocacy Services.

I'll write more about solutions later, but it does start with brave souls
like Jeff who is willing to self-advocate in spite of being young.

I'm very proud to know this young man!