[nfbmi-talk] a d a policy

Christine Boone christine_boone at comcast.net
Sun Nov 27 01:40:27 UTC 2011

I do not know for certain whether this language appears in the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act, but it does appear in the Americans with Disabilities Act, ADA.  The law establishes that any place to which the public is in vited, must have all public rooms clearly marked in both Braille and Raised print.  This would mean that the public rest rooms in your school Should be clearly designated   in raised print and in Braille too.  I would begin by simply telling the principal that he/she needs to fix the rest room doors so that they are labelled for All  comers, regardless of visual acuity.
Christine