[nfbmi-talk] sighted siblings with canes

mary wurtzel marywurtzel at att.net
Fri Nov 18 17:05:05 UTC 2011

Hello,
We have a little story inthe Wurtzel convention history.  One
time we were buying a new cane inthe exhibit hall.  Dave Walker,
who was the twin brother of Jim Waker, was selling the canes.
Jim and Dave were both from Michigan and both have died now.  Our
oldest son, Freddie, started begging for us to buy fm a cane.  We
tried to explain that he didn't need one.  He really wanted one
and Dave Walker said, "Freddie is changing what it means to be
sighted."
Mary

<nfbmi-talk at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:27:39 -0500
>Subject: Re: [nfbmi-talk] sighted siblings with canes

>Dear Lydia and others,

>   I am sure that every blind parent, especially those in the
NFB, have