[nfbmi-talk] newsline/volunteering

Ghkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Sun Oct 30 00:51:01 UTC 2011

Dear Joe,

Thank you for the nice note. I will have to truly tell you that I know
working on Newsline helps me more than I can ever tell you. These chronic
health issues are definitely more  bothersome than  blindness. If I didn't
have Newsline to work on, I would be lost.

Oh, by the way, I got rid of  most of the  stuff I had to take to convention
when we were in Lansing today.

If you need a ride we will be going Friday. I am not sure of the time but if
you have to be there at a certain time, let us know and we will do our best.
I don't think we will leave until lunch or after that. You are welcome to go
with us. We have a ford Mercury Grand Marqui and Ken is supposed to get new
tires on it before the trip.
Larry Povinelli will be going with us.
You never know how those hotels will be in their convention room so I would
suggest to take an a sweater or something warm.

We live within walking distance of the bus station. The walk isn't the
safest because there are not any sidewalks most of the way and then crossing
Dort is tricky at best.

My address is 2910 Lapeer, We are the first house West of Dort on Lapeer. We
share the driveway with affordable auto service, a small white cement block
building. The house is red brick 1/2 way up and 2 story with steps in the
front. We are on the south side of Lapeer.  The back driveway of Taco Bell
is  pretty much across from us. If you go down where coke is you have gone
too far west on  Lapeer.

I will be gone Wednesday part of the day for a routine eye appointment at
UM.

Not too much news. I have the dates for convention in case you want to get
your train reservation. The sooner you reserve it the cheaper it is. The
trick is don't pick up the tickets until you are ready to go except that you
have to cancel within 7 days of the trip as it stands now.
My brother and I went coach all the way to  Provo Utah. It was fun. I can
handle coach but Ken insists on a roomlet which makes it the same price as
the airplane except you can bring 2 suitcases and  pretty much what carryons
you want. Your food is included.
The seniors and disabled get a break in coach.  When my brother and I went
we brought most of our food and we ate in the dining car 2 times but we
split our meal each time. Ski for Light in Utah was nice but a bit hard I
would say for beginners except Larry Povinelli  picked it up real well.

Michigan Ski for Light has easy skiing, good food and isn't far.

I don't know about getting one of those I phones. They are sure nice but I
have so much stuff now.

Newsline has a cool global search that is real handy and we have 6 or 7
foreign papers. If you need help getting started let me know. I had a lot of
help when I first started.

Speaking of doing a lot of work,  you certainly do your share. The NFB is
just like any organization, you will meet people that you like and others
that you are not so fond of dealing with. Some people complain regardless of
what anyone does. I follow the list somewhat.

See you later,
Best,
Georgia