[nfbmi-talk] Some Disappointing News About Our ScholarshipProgram

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Sep 20 15:38:16 UTC 2011

Another note here Joe...

You were brilliant in your pithy analysis of the BEP issues at the MCB
meeting in that the issue is: "the uneven application of the rules."

Larry was dead on correct too when he said, "We must be a government of law
and not man."

Beyond blindness and our unique circumstances and so on and so forth we must
demand, in my opinion at a minimum the rule of law over the caprices of man.

Simply, these are fundamentals of any notion of a democratic-republic. These
are notions that are not in conflict with the unique rights of the blind. In
fact these laws including those in the Rehab Act and the ADA and so on and
so forth are intended to give the same rights to the blind and others with
other disabilities that are afforded to those without disabilities. this is
precisely why these laws are premised upon Article V (due process and equal
protection clause of the 14th amendment o the U.S. constitution itself). No
colleagues we ccertainly are not children of a lessor god and we who happen
to be blind or otherwise disabled are not children of lessor laws.

We, who are blind in breif are supposedly guranteed at a minimum the right
to access to information and due processs as anyone else.

Yet, in again, demonstrable fashion Cannon, et al have violated this over
and over again. And if I'm incorrect or defamatory in these regards then I
openly ask Cannon and or his minions to sue me in federal court for
defamation. The ultimate defense against such claims by the way is after all
the truth of the matter.

But, what we have with MCB and MRS for that matter are the direct opposite
of these fundamental principles.

Let me state this straight: We have a system riddled with caprice, and with
lawlessness, and with patronage by gross and documented incompetents.

We are supposed to have a system that levels the playing field and that has
"safe gards" against waste, fraud and abuse.

Instead we have a system in which rewards (including jobs) are doled out
based upon allegiance to a perfidious power and a sell out at that to all of
our interests.

Now we've had a whole lot of lap dogs in this system which isn't worth going
into but is documented in the public domain.

We've had a whole lot of spin over performance over decades.

Follow the public record. Follow the money. Follow the documented tract
record of inequities and violations of civil rights and other federal laws.

Follow where actual and real "theft" of public resources goes on.

I hope that the ugly truth comes out eventually in that some "Uncle Toms"
who have actually stolen resources from we the blind and others with
disabilities go to prison.

I hope to God that the likes of Pat Cannon has the temerity of suing me for
defamation for these comments.