[nfbmi-talk] FW: Time sensitive information regarding college funding - public comment:

Fred wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Wed Sep 21 19:11:08 UTC 2011

Hello,

Donna Posont asked me to forward the following to the MCB 2020 list.  I had
earlier forwarded Donna Posont's comments to this list.  I believed, prior
to the most recent Commission meeting that her problem had been resolved.
It, as of this morning, not been resolved.  I was Wrong.

As many of you know, the Board voted on Friday to no longer require students
to be involved in managing this form.  I have since been told, though I have
not verified it, myself, that the form  the Commission Board adopted last
year.   has been changed without the Commission's approval.

I have personally witnessed Ms. posont teaching blind children about nature.
She is passionate, skilled and knowledgable with a natural love for children
and the subject matter.  It is difficult to believe that another blind
person, her counselor, is not doing all he can to assure her success.  What
is happening here?  Does her counselor believe a blind person can
successfully become a naturalist?  Does he believe a blind person can
navigat throughout the woods on trails or off trails independently?  Is this
a training issue in addition to a bureaucratic nightmare?  Again, I ask,
what is happening here?

Best Regards,,

Fred