[nfbmi-talk] Time sensitive information regarding collegefunding -public comment:

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Sep 21 23:43:16 UTC 2011

In addition to all of this my colleagues, Donna's case is just the
proverbial elephant in the room. This is made public and thus "high
profile". We all know that folks don't even get phone calls returned. that
is in the public domain too. And thus eligibility is at issue as well. What
the heck this system is very broken. How many people and have been turned
away right at the point of application for services?

We know in the public record alone from the days of complaints by advocates
for the blind to the last MCB meeting that people don't even get timely
intake and don't even get, again return phone calls.

We know from countless and again documented instances that people don't get
information related to their cases or even due process proceedings in
accessible formats, even after requests in writing and in a timely manner.

No Donna's case as tragic as it is, and I'm not in the least denigrating the
harm done to her here, is only the tip of the iceberg.

I will say this though and at a minimum that ethics complaints should be
filed against any counselor, blind or sighted who violates his or her charge
and duties and responsibilities in such manners.

I've submitted the code of ethics for CRC in the past. There is a remedy.

Moreover, the conflicts of interests of some in upper managment have gone
beyond the pale by any standard or any measure and I think in those cases
the Office of Inspector General and the Public Integrity Office of the
should be involved.

I don't make allegations. I document issues. Now is time for justice, remedy
and cleaning up this corrupted system once and for all.

Michigan A.G.'s office