[nfbmi-talk] Mac book

Ann Petrous annpetrous at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 18:56:43 UTC 2011

i was told at one point that you can run jaws through mac if you are
using windows on their computer. it took me one week to learn jaws so
i can't imagine it being difficult. Have you used the track pad i
think its called?  When i go to the store, I'm going to sit down, and
learn the voiceover as much as i can. I'm just sick to death of having
to spend hundreds of dollars on a software program that doesn't work
half the time, and even if it did work, i certainly don't have the
money in the first place.  If i were to purchase a new laptop now, and
then purchase the latest version of jaws, plus the maintenance
agreement, that adds up to a mac, so i might as well buy a mac. like i
said, i don't think i will have trouble learning it.  Now how do you
run the windows operating system through the mac? is it a pain in the
butt? i don't want this to be more complicated than necessary. I'm
hoping to get a job soon, and i want a machine that will last me for a
very long time. I don't do anything complex,as it is, so like i said,
i don't think i will have any problems Besides i would love to use the
mac like a sighted person does. I would imagine it being a lot easier
than using jaws, and missing half of everything. I'm determined to
learn it. If i can learn braille in three months i can learn the mac.
lol  I want a small one. i don't need anything fancy.
 Like everything else, it will take time to get used to, however i
know i can learn it. I've played with my friend's I-phone, and i love
it. When i do venture into the store, i'm going to ask, and learn
everything i need to know.