[nfbmi-talk] Faith Meadows Letter

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 03:09:04 UTC 2011

Also, I'm concerned about her and others who think our commission board is to aggressive!  Does this mean it didn't do much before?  I thaught our board was supposed to actually do something!  Just being the blind man in the street, and correct me if I'm wrong at least 2 of the commissioners had very good jobs.  I don't really know Lydia but if she doesn't have one she would deffinetly have experience enough for the board.  Both of the commissioners who quit had good jobs but decided to quit anyway because they were out numbered and in my humble oppinion didn't really have enough interest in making things better for the blind population as a whole.  It seems to me that when some blind folks get lucky and get good jobs they forget that most of us are still struggling for the security and respect they think they have earned!  I am not slamming everyone that has gotten jobs iether but people like Faith and Donna Rose must feel secure in ther jobs so they find us especially the NFB tiresome because we still have to scratch and claw for every single rite we gett!  If joblessness and respect were not issues then we wouldn't have to be aggressive about themm!  But we should always insist on fair play!  At least the current board wants to do things right and abov board!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!