[nfbmi-talk] To Phyllis

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Mon Sep 26 16:48:37 UTC 2011

I aggree with you Phyllis!  There are some of us who are interested in just living and hanging out!  I think that improving the quality of life for blind persons is our primary focus.  You will probably here more about jobs or lack thereof simply because its a big issue these days.  But also, respect and quality of life are just as important.  If I can be helpful in improving any of those things, well I would consider that a triumph!  I just happen to be one of those folks who wants to provide for my family and be able to earn enough to not have to pinch those pennies so hard!  I also want to go anywhere with my guide dog and be respected as a human being and not pittied or looked down upon just because I'm blind!  If you like me or not, it will be because of who I am and not what people think blindness is about!  This list has many topics that come up. Stick with it and after awhile, something will come up that you will be interested in.  It takes all kinds to form an organization and I'm sure you have valuable things to contribute!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!