[nfbmi-talk] Fwd: All Means All Poetry

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:10:13 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: meagan Daniels <danielsmeagan7 at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:40:15 -0400
Subject: All Means All Poetry
To: president.nfb.mi at gmail.com

Hello,

My name is Meagan Daniels; I am with Matrix Theatre Company. I am writing to
let you know about a series of events entitled "All means All" starting in
April. These six events will serve as a monthly exploration of arts and
inclusive culture. Each event will focus on a specific art form and include
live performances, film, food and discussion. The idea behind these events
is to bring together those with and without disabilities, community members
and leaders for discussion and education about inclusiveness and the arts.

I have attached the flyer with information about our first event on
Thursday, April 19th. You will also find a press release about All means All
below.

Please let me or Molly McMahon know if you would like to attend by calling
Matrix Theatre Company at 313-967-0999. Also, please feel free to share
this event with others.

Please find the press release for our first event below.

Sincerely,

Meagan Daniels
Inclusion Supports Coordinator
Molly McMahon
Community Relations Coordinator
Matrix Theatre Co.
2730 Bagley St
Detroit, MI 48216

313-967-0999

Thanks to a grant from the Michigan Disability Rights Coalition,
poetry will be front and center at the Detroit Opera House on
Thursday, April 19 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm when Matrix Theatre Company,
the Michigan Opera Theatre and the Detroit Disabilities Justice
Coalition lead audience participants to explore the concepts of the
arts and disability culture. This is the first in a series of
workshops and performances events designed to bring together cultural
and community activists and community members for the purpose of
creating an important dialogue designed to give meaning to disability
participatory justice and foster understanding between those with and
without disabilities. The evening will feature poetry readings by
youth from Detroit’s InsideOut and a unique filmed presentation by
deaf poet Peter Cook and hearing poet Kenny Lerner. In addition to the
performances, there will be workshops, storytelling and discussion,
along with light snacks. All subsequent workshops events will focus on
other art forms and will take place the third Thursday of each month
through June at the Detroit Opera House located at 1526 Broadway,
Detroit, MI 48226. Suggested donation is $5 - $10. Call 313 967 0999
to R.S.V.P. or for further information. Funding for the All Means All
events has been made possible with support from the Michigan
Disabilities Rights Coalition, the Jewish Fund and MetLife.