[nfbmi-talk] oma ada rehab act request info

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Apr 9 11:52:59 UTC 2012

April 9, 2012

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

810-516-5262

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

Re: Not a FOIA Request but OMA ADA Rehab Act Request for Accessible Info

Patrick D. cannon

Director, Michigan Commission for the Blind

(via e-mail)

Dear Mr. Cannon,

I am writing today to request in accessible format the proposed minutes of MCB’s last quarterly meeting. As you no doubt know by now both the ADA and the Rehabilitation Act requires you to make them accessible in a timely manner. And the Michigan Open Meetings Act requires that they are made available within eight days of the meeting. It has been more than eight days. Thus send them out as simple Word attachment and/or plain text enclosure to my e-mail address listed above.

In addition I’m requesting under the Michigan Freedom of Information Act the recording  of that meeting. You may send that out on a “thumb drive” to my mailing address listed above.

Failure to respond to these requests are indeed civil rights violations and actionable.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.