[nfbmi-talk] interpreters/ asl

Georgia Kitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 04:56:42 UTC 2012

Hi Christine,

Thanks for your support. Yes, sticking to those workout sessions is a
challenge. I do like  getting out though.

I am getting a little braver. I finally made something with a slab.

They changed the layout of our clay studio out. I asked if it was because of
my blindness. Well, to find out a woman in my class while working on the
weekend in the studio fell over a cord or something. I think she had a minor
injury. We all  know that research has shown that the blind have a better
safety reccord on the job and I guess in other places.

Speaking of safety, we don't have any round a bouts where I walk here  but I
know they are getting more and more of them.
 When Leader Dog--Richard Michaels came he told me he was from the United
Kingdom and over there they are working at getting rid of their round
about's. Figure that out. I also told them that I had just worked with
Doug.

Does anyone have any tips when navagating round abouts?  Maybe the state of
Michigan should talk to someone in the UK about these things...

I quit going down to Ford's Hospital because my husband found the round
about down there very tricky to say the least. He is a good driver too.

Yes, we are so lucky to have the  Art institute here. They do offer
scholarships. It is a long walk and a quick ride in the car. / Flint does
have a lot of cultural resources. I know some blind youth that take classes
at the music institute.

There are folks  that travel one hour one way to get to clay class.

Thanks for all your work at the mCBTC and with the NFB!!

Best,
Georgia