[nfbmi-talk] very sad news

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 13:36:43 UTC 2012

mother collapsed, suffocated baby, police say

list end

MERIDIAN TWP. — A 31-year-old Haslett woman and her 6-month-old son who were found dead Saturday at a home in Meridian Township have been identified as

Caylen Mae Ottensman and Cian Hoyt Ottensman, respectively.

Police believe Caylen Ottensman lost consciousness and accidentally smothered her son. The cause of her death has not been determined, but police deemed

the deaths accidental.

The two were found after Caylen Ottensman’s father called police to report her and her son missing. Police found them in a Pine Creek Circle home.

The family is requesting privacy at this time and released the following statement through Meridian Township police:

“This was an accidental death and a tragic accident. We ask for love and compassion for all in our community who struggle with the challenges of bipolar

disorder.”

SSO Check  frame

SSO Che