[nfbmi-talk] National Federation of the Blind Minutes, December 6, 2012

Matt Sievert matt.sievert at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 05:44:34 UTC 2012

I have three (3) questions regarding the section about "Newsline"

1. So if someone signs up for Newsline, it might be discontinued soon and
not function?
2. If newsline is fully funded, then only clients of the bureau will have
access to the service, specifically for looking for a job?
2a. I thought the service was available for anyone who was in the state and
legally blind.
3. It costs $80,000 a year to run Newsline for a state, and is that an
additionally $30,000 to promote the service? What do you mean by "promote"?
is that for brochures and other outreach material?

Thank you for your time.
Matt Sievert