[nfbmi-talk] National Federation of the Blind Minutes, December 6, 2012

Gkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Mon Dec 17 14:02:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Although, I am not a board member. I believe I can speak on some of these
questions since I have been volunteering to coordinate Newsline since 1998.
Thankfully, I have volunteers who assist me.
 The state of Michigan currently to my knowledge  does not have any plans to
fund Newsline soon. That will mean anyone who is signed up will lose their
service.  Right now as I understand from the National Office in Baltimore,
Newsline costs roughly $80 grand to fund, that includes the  phone bill NFB
of MI has to  pay, the NFBNewsline service as you have seen it evolve  plus
all the materials we use including brochures, cd's, how to guides etc.   I
will let others explain the $30 thousand cost.

Best,
Georgia