[nfbmi-talk] Agenda, , February 11, 2012 10:00 to 4:00 P.M

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Fri Feb 10 16:57:16 UTC 2012

Hello. Since I will not be at the board meeting, here is a brief summary of
our Washington Seminar efforts. Others can feel free to add their thoughts.
We had a much smaller delegation this year but appointments went well.
Several reps or their assistants expressed strong interest especially in the
fair wages bill and we will follow up with your help. The fir wages bill,
H.R. 3086, is up to 36 cosponsors with more on the way. No new cosponsors
from Michigan but we have a few good leads to pursue.

As for the affiliate contribution, Mary issued a check for $1,000 to cover
the two rooms. We found a second female roommate who stayed for two nights,
so this covered the remaining balance. We would like to explore some fund
raising opportunities to work to get more members to attend next year,
especially new members and those in districts we don't traditionally have
representation from.
The gathering meeting was packed (Matt says they need an overflow room for
the overflow room).
Jesse Hartle was hit by a car last week. He is recovering and surprised just
about everyone when he made it to the gathering meeting. A great moment.
Thanks to Matt and Diana for making a great team and to Fred who helped from
home with some last minute appointments. Thanks also to the board for
facilitating the paying of the room.

We've got to improve our follow-up efforts, so we can talk about this more
in the coming weeks and months.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Best Regards,
J.J. Meddaugh