[nfbmi-talk] introduction

Ghkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Fri Feb 10 18:39:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

My name is Georgia Kitchen. Welcome to the NFB of Michigan. I coordinate NFBNewsline here in Michigan basically.

Please feel free to email me at
gakitchen at gfn.org
NFBNewsline is a free service offering around 40 magazines, 280 newspapers, tv Listings, info about services for the blind and job listings. The Newsline web site is
www.nfbnewsline.org

Please feel free to contact me via email or the help line number any time at
517-338-4064.

Now that we have global search and so  many publications, Newsline is a great research tool for youths and teenagers and adults.
Other resources include:
The commission for the Blind 800-292-4200, the  Library for the Blind is now under the commission f/t Blind.

Campt.org
offers many summer opportunities including science and braille camps
NFB.org offers  a number of  outreach opportunities including a science camp along with others.

Best,

Georgia Kitchen
NFBNewsline Volunteer Coordinator