[nfbmi-talk] request arra information new horizons

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Jan 1 12:16:59 UTC 2012

January 1, 2011

Re: Request for accessible information related to ARRA/MCB/New Horizons

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

Patrick D. Cannon

Director Michigan Commission for the Blind

(Via e-mail)

Dear Mr. Cannon,

I am writing you today to request all documents related to the following expenditure of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds, which should include any invoices, and similar documents detailing authorizations and services rendered and signatures of just who authorized these expenditures at a minimum:

“NEW HORIZONS REHABILITATION SERVICES

Award Number

H390A090031

Sub-Award Number

N/A

Vendor DUNS Number

Not reported

Vendor HQ Zip Code + 4

483262768

Vendor Name

NEW HORIZONS REHABILITATION SERVICES

Product and Service Description

SERVICES FOR MICHIGAN COMMISSION FOR THE BLIND CLIENTS

Payment Amount

$28,440”

You should have no difficulty retrieving this information from System Seven and are required to account and make transparent to the public expenditures of these ARRA funds. Nor, should your agency have any difficulty in making these documents fully accessible in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 requirements to do soas, of course your agency is after all the Michigan Commission for the Blind.

As a blind person I am requesting these documents as simple Word attachments and/or plain text enclosures to my e-mail address listed above.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.