[nfbmi-talk] bep trainer questions

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Jan 6 17:31:57 UTC 2012

January 6 2011 Questions About BEP Trainer

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

Patrick D. Cannon

Director, Michigan Commission for the Blind

Dear Mr. Cannon,

I am writing to ask some simple questions about the LARA/MCB component found at:

http://apps.michigan.gov/MiTransparency/Vendor/Agencies?Column=TotalAmount&Direction=Ascending&y=2011&v=JERRY%20A%20MCVETY

Payments to JERRY A MCVETY for fiscal year 2011

Click on a agency name to view payments to this vendor by this agency.

Table with 2 columns and 3 rows

Agency Name

Payment Totals

STATE POLICE

$12,350.00

LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS

$39,440.58

I am assuming that these were payments made for BEP vendor training programs (excluding the State Police Component of course).

Now with these payments and all we paid for expensive hotel and so forth related to this why can’t MCB afford a BEP trainer?

Oh, yes are all these classes and trainings in full compliance with the ADA and Section 504 as required of such vendors for services?

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.