[nfbmi-talk] reiterated ada oma and related request info

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 19:50:53 UTC 2012

ADA Request Once Again for Complete Draft Meeting Minutes and More

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

To: Patrick D. Cannon

Director, Michigan Commission for the Blind

(Via e-mail)

Dear Mr. Cannon,

Once again I am requesting the required “draft meeting minutes” of MCB’s December 8, 9, and 20, 2011 board meetings with all information related to them including your annual evaluation, the commissioners “scoring” of same, the letters sent to Governor Snyder, Mr. Hilfinger, and Mr. Arwood in those regards, and the e-mail you sent to Commissioner Posont blaming him for your continued violations of the ADA, Section 504 and the Michigan Open Meetings Act in this regards. Simply the OMA as you’ve been apprised over and over again requires that this information is made available to the public (and in fact commissioners) within eight working days. This is not ambiguous. Moreover, as you know because I’ve apprised you and you were the do nothing State of Michigan ADA coordinator for years you, Mr. Cannon have a corollary responsibility to make those required documents available in accessible format to blind requesters without a surcharge and in a timely manner. As you also know a failure to even respond to a request for accommodations is a violation in and of itself and you’ve failed on that account too over and over again on this request alone.

Thus again I’m requesting you remit this information forthwith as either Word attachments and/or plain text enclosures to my e-mail address listed above.

I also request once again that this information is posted in html format on MCB’s own web site and that this information is routinely posted on the MCB 20/20 list serve just as you, personally do other information when it suits your fancy.

If you need some technical assistance in this regards I’d be delighted to comply. But I won’t do the service to you or your scofflaw entity without charging  you for the services renderred. And I darn well won’t pay for this information or anything else that you and the agency are required to post affirmatively in a variety of accessible formats let alone upon request (re: Tyler v. Manhatten for affirmative obligations of Title II entities).

Moreover, I’m requesting the name, address and other contact information for the required Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs “ADA” coordinator and an accessible copy of LARA’s required grievance procedure.

Warmest Regards,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.