[nfbmi-talk] Fw: [nabs-l] BISM Independence 2012 and 101

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Jan 9 20:58:37 UTC 2012

Good stuff and any of these programs are a part of the consumer choice
provisions of the Rehabilitation Act of 19673...Or rather the "informed
choice" provisions.

In that regard I think we in NFB MI must know the names, adresses and other
directory information of  participants in NFB sponserrred transition
programs including those at Camp T last year so we, in NFB MI might give
these students and/or their parents and guardiens the full range of events
and programs like this one Elizabeth kindly submitted so that again students
and where appropriate parents/guardiens might be fully apprised about the
full range of options in these regards.

And no there ain't no bloody conflicts of interest in this...None. Nada.
Nothing.

In fact it is our charge to inform all about all available resources.

This said here's a thought? How about this and the NFB summer transition
program running something at Camp T for four weeks or so?

Regardless we all as fiduciaries and wathdogs need information and I beleive
this information regarded to Camp T operations was requested over and over
again from the NFB Board along with budgets and so-on-and so forth for same.

Listen all I'm just a member who cares about due process and all and I know
that NFB MI is stressed out and that its Board has ifinancial and other
issues.

I'm not throwing rocks or anything at anyone but we, NFB MI paid for certain
services don't we wish for them to be fully deliverrred?

Bottom line is that our youth whether NFB members or not are being ill
served in transition programs here and that is as clear as a bell and
unnacountable to boot.

We in NFB MI with great and loyal volunteers contribute mightedly to the
effort at the Camp T programs there is no doubt about that. But we must and
I repeat must as fiduciaries hold OUB and other entities accountable. And as
advocates for all blind folks we must, and I repeat must fully vet and
referr to appropriate programs in the interim.

Joe