[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Tomorrow's CIC meeting: Thursday, January 12, 9:00 a.m. to noon, 877-873-8017, Passcode 7085546

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 17:02:56 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Turney, Susan (LARA)" <turneys at michigan.gov>
To: "'Marianne Dunn'" <dunkaz at ameritech.net>
Cc: "Martin, Carrie (LARA)" <martinc2 at michigan.gov>;
<phyllismagbanua at comcast.net>; <waynesworld50 at yahoo.com>; "'Ghkitchen'"
<ghkitchen at comcast.net>; <ghkitchen at gfn.org>; "'Fred wurtzel'"
<f.wurtzel at comcast.net>; "'joe harcz Comcast'" <joeharcz at comcast.net>;
"'Cheryl Wade'" <wadecher at msu.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:16 AM
Subject: RE: Tomorrow's CIC meeting: Thursday, January 12, 9:00 a.m. to
noon, 877-873-8017, Passcode 7085546

Marianne, thanks for your email.

I left a voicemail message for Richard Bernstein on December 15 with the
date and location of the CIC meeting, thanking him for agreeing to speak to
the CIC at our January 12 meeting and suggesting that he arrive about 10:00
a.m. at the Victor Building, 201 N. Washington Square in Lansing.  I also
asked if he had any handouts for me to produce in alternative formats, and
what format he'd prefer for our meeting materials.  He left me a voicemail
that evening saying he was looking forward to speaking at our meeting on the
twelfth, and he said that he would have no handouts to distribute.  He
didn't ask me to contact anyone else about this, although he did say that I
should feel free to call him at any time.  I'd planned to call him again
this morning to reconfirm the specific time and make sure he had directions
to the Victor Building for tomorrow's meeting.

Based on your note saying that he'll try to call in at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow
during our meeting, I'll contact all of the CIC members asking them to have
specific questions ready (about the problems with transportation for blind
individuals in the Detroit Metro Area) for Mr. Bernstein's phone
presentation.  I'm sending a cc of this email to all CIC members who use
email, and I'll phone the other members this morning.

Thank you for providing Mr. Bernstein with the call-in number and passcode.
If he's unable to call in to the meeting tomorrow from New York, we can
certainly invite him to attend the next meeting.

Susan Turney
Communications & Outreach Coordinator, Michigan Commission for the Blind
Michigan Department Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
desk:  517-241-8631; cell: 517-243-3858; fax:  517-335-5140
MCB toll-free: 1-800-292-4200
201 N. Washington Square, Second Floor,
P.O. Box 30652; Lansing, MI 48909
www.michigan.gov/mcb