[nfbmi-talk] Fw: FOIA Response to Request of 12-29-11 - New Horizon Information from MCB Commission Meeting

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 22:22:09 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Haynes, Carla (LARA)
To: joe harcz Comcast (joeharcz at comcast.net)
Cc: Cannon, Patrick (LARA) ; Farmer, Mel (LARA) ; Turney, Susan (LARA) ; Luzenski, Sue (LARA) ; Jones, Leamon (LARA) ; Gaston, Diamalyn (LARA) ; McNeal, Gwen (LARA)
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:56 PM
Subject: FOIA Response to Request of 12-29-11 - New Horizon Information from MCB Commission Meeting

January 11, 2012  (Print copy sent in the US Mail, prepaid on this date)

Mr. Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

Re:  New Horizons Information at MCB Board Meeting

Dear Mr. Harcz, Jr.:

This letter is in response to your December 29, 2011, email request for copies of public records, received on January 3, 2012, by this office.  Please be informed that the Department's Michigan Commission for the Blind (MCB) is processing this request under the state's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231 et seq.

In your email, you requested information/records described as per the attached copy of your email.

In order to determine the amount of non-exempt information within the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs that might be responsive to your request, a search must be undertaken for the information of which you have requested.  This information may come from various entities under the department.  For this reason, it is necessary to extend the time for response, as permitted by section 5(2)(d) of the FOIA, through January 25, 2012.

Sincerely,

Carla Miller Haynes, FOIA Coordinator

Michigan Commission for the Blind

FOIA Response - P.J. Harcz