[nfbmi-talk] Fw: FOIA Response to Request of 12-23-11 - Draft Minutes, Evaluation, Recordings

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Jan 13 23:51:11 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Haynes, Carla (LARA)
To: joe harcz Comcast (joeharcz at comcast.net)
Cc: Cannon, Patrick (LARA) ; Farmer, Mel (LARA) ; Turney, Susan (LARA) ; Luzenski, Sue (LARA) ; Duell, Elsie (LARA)
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 5:04 PM
Subject: FOIA Response to Request of 12-23-11 - Draft Minutes, Evaluation, Recordings

January 13, 2012

Mr. Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

Re:  Draft Minutes & Audio Recording(s) of December 8 and 9, 2011 Meetings and Performance Evaluation

Dear Mr. Harcz, Jr.:

This letter is in response to your December 23, 2011, email request for copies of public records, received December 27, 2011.  Please be informed that the Department's Michigan Commission for the Blind (MCB) is processing this request under the state's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231 et seq.

You have requested information as described in your email, a copy of which is below.

Your request is granted as to existing, nonexempt records in the possession of this department responsive to your request.

The draft minutes for the Michigan Commission for the Blind Commission Meetings of December 8 and 9, 2011, are below and attached to this email.

Your request for a copy of Mr. Patrick Cannon's performance evaluation along with Commissioner's comments that were detailed in that meeting is also below and attached.

Your request for copies of the recordings of these meetings will be sent to you in the US Mail on a thumb drive.  The recordings that you will receive are the portion of the audio provided by AT&T TeleConference Services.  We are also including this same type of audio recording for the December 20, 2011, and January 10, 2012 MCB Commission Board Special Meetings.

There is also recordings (audio streaming) for the December 8 and 9, 2011, meetings that are available at either the MCB Website (www.michigan.gov/mcb, then go to MCB Board, then Archived Audio of Commission Meetings, then choose the date(s) you wish to listen to) or at the following websites:

Meeting of December 8th is at : http://mediasite.mihealth.org/mediasite/Viewer/?peid=97d2d5b4437a4a58b977b44ab42208371d

Meeting of December 9th is at:

http://mediasite.mihealth.org/mediasite/Viewer/?peid=ed6663fb90654764b54dd7e973e9ed271d

We will not charge for the cost of this FOIA but this does not prohibit us from charging you or any other requestor for other requests.

Sincerely,

Carla Miller Haynes, FOIA Coordinator

Michigan Commission for the Blind

Attachments:

1.         Email of 12/23/11 (Below and attached)

2.         Draft Minutes of December 8 & 9, 2011 MCB Comm. Board Meeting (Attached as a file to this email)

3.         Performance Evaluation of Mr. Patrick Cannon (Attached as two files to this email)

cc:       Patrick Cannon

            Mel Farmer

            Susan Turney

            Elsie Duell