[nfbmi-talk] Scholarship Announcement

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 00:26:35 UTC 2012

Dear Larry and All,

One of the most positive moves that I've ever heard of in the State of
Michigan is the Democrats proposing free in State tuition for Higher Ed for
all!

For once maybe this will mean that MCB and MRS aren't just funding condiutes
to pay for tuition while doing little or nothing else like maybe requiring
that collleges are fully accessible in compliance with the ADA and 504 and
otherwise only acting as a broker of funds.

Oh maybe with those saving then college folks who are blind might just get
the Assistive Technology that would make them competitive.

Finally and again I appreciate these scholarshipnotices...But perhaps
finally these merit based scholarships will be used once and for all what
they are meant for....That is merit and not to bail out the entities that
were supposed to do this and that in the first place!

Again this goes to why Christine was fired in her job in Pennyslyvania...You
know for standing behind and for the law and all that?

If I sound angry with you or this notice or anything like that I am not!

I am danged dogged angry though at the corrupt system that continues.

Perhaps free college education for all in Michigan will weed out the
garbage?

It was a plan of mine long time ago and still is.

I think this is something NFB MI can and should support, with the needs of
course of blind folks considerred.

Sorry if a few hacks at MCB might lose their stupid jobs in processing
payments that shouldn't be processed to begin with but so be it.

Joe