[nfbmi-talk] hearings violate this! important

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Jul 11 11:21:39 UTC 2012

Joe - I am not sure how accessible the 12-02 RSA Technical Assistance Circular is, so I included specific text about public hearings for the State Plan
below...
http://www2.ed.gov/policy/speced/guid/rsa/tac/2012/tac-12-02.pdf
Whenever possible or appropriate, state agencies should exploit both traditional and non-traditional media to advertise up-coming public hearings and solicit
input from the community.  Websites, social media, phone trees, and other forms of raising awareness, apart from traditional media such as radio, newspaper
and television, should be employed to the maximun extent possible and appropriate, and in accordance with the requirements of the regulations governing
public hearings found at 34 CFR 361.20.