[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Amended Response to FOIA Response of 7-20-12 - State Plan Meetings, Public Hearing Comments, Notes, Minutes

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Jul 20 23:28:44 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Haynes, Carla (LARA)
To: joe harcz Comcast (joeharcz at comcast.net)
Cc: Cannon, Patrick (LARA) ; Luzenski, Sue (LARA) ; Farmer, Mel (LARA) ; Turney, Susan (LARA) ; Duell, Elsie (LARA) ; Jones, Leamon (LARA) ; Gaston, Diamalyn (LARA)
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 5:04 PM
Subject: Amended Response to FOIA Response of 7-20-12 - State Plan Meetings, Public Hearing Comments, Notes, Minutes

July 20, 2012

Mr. Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

Re:  Amended Response to FOIA - State Plan Meetings, Public Hearing Comments, Notes, Minutes

Dear Mr. Harcz, Jr.:

This letter is an amended response to our July 20, 2012 letter which was in response to your July 13, 2012, email request for copies of public records, received on July 16, 2012.  Please be informed that the Department’s Michigan Commission for the Blind (MCB) is processing this request under the state’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231 et seq.

You have requested information you describe as:  “I am writing today to request all documents related to the extremely illegal state plan hearings recently conducted. At a minimum I am requesting all written or spoken public comments submitted to MCB and, if any, the recordings and notes, or ‘minutes’ of these so-called ‘public hearings’ on the state plan, which by the way very few people with disabilities even knew about because MCB  LARA  made no proper and adequate notice in any form except belatedly on its web site.”  A copy of your email is also attached.

Although the Michigan Commission for the Blind did not conduct what you’ve described as “… extremely illegal state plan hearings,” MCB has conducted five public meetings on its draft 2013 State Plan, July 9, 11 and 13, 2012 and can provide you with information to those meetings, as these may be the meetings you intended to identify and, as such, may be of interest to you.  Your request is granted as to existing, nonexempt records in the possession of this department responsive to your request pursuant to MCL 15.235, Section 5(4)(b) of the FOIA.

Attached are two documents in regards to the State Plan Meetings which includes the verbal comments at the meetings along with the written comments sent to us in regards to the Draft State Plan.

At this point in time, all of the recordings of these meetings have not been formatted to be able to place them on a flash drive.  We will send these  records once this is accomplished.

Sincerely,

Carla Miller Haynes, FOIA Coordinator

Michigan Commission for the Blind

Attachments: