[nfbmi-talk] serious typo

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Jul 22 13:51:56 UTC 2012

Note NFB MI President and Commissioner Larry Posents comments from the bogus state plan hearing at Escanaba:

"#2

I’m Larry Posont member of the Commission Board.  The only comment that I have for today is that #1 this building is accessible - proper signage and other
things and #2 what was the announcement made for this meeting and how was it brought up and where was it sent to?  Thank you.
"

In fact Larry documented and stated it was "not" accessible.

In fact from the standpoint of raised character and Braille signage alone the hearings at Escanaba, Lansing, and Detroit all violated the letter and spirit of the ADA and Section 504.

And that is only from a program access/facility standpoint.

The Department of Technology Management and Budget surveys document that, as does the personal experience of several on this list and as does the Bernstein suit against Michigan over lack of access in compliance with the ADA/504 on the Cadillac Place.

These are facts, documented facts and not matters of opinion.

Joe Harcz