[nfbmi-talk] just my first complaint and for damages too

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Jul 22 19:23:54 UTC 2012

July 22 2012 ADA 504 Complaint against MCRC

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 484458

810-516-5262

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

To: Michael Zelley Chair MCRC

(Via e-mail)All:

 Dear Mr. Zelley:

This is a complaint made against the Michigan Civil rights Commission which is an entity of the State of Michigan, and thus Title II of the ADA is applicable. It also is in receipt of federal funds and thus Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 is applicable.

Now I am a blind person who uses a screen reader to access documents on web sites and to read documents period. I use Jaws for Windows.

Today I tried to read the recentMCRC decisions at:

http://www.michigan.gov/mdcr/0,1607,7-138-47782_47828_48067---,00.html

Each and every document was a scanned image and thus unreadable!

I want mediation and I want compensation for these and other chronic violations of my civil rights to access public information including legal and indeed civil rights cases themselves.

Effective communications with blind folks was to have been assured twenty years ago with the implementing of ADA, Title II regulations (subpart e, communications). And yet this is evidence that even the Michigan Civil Rights Commission violates these requirements.

All correspondences related to this and other complaints must be made with either Word documents and/or plain text enclosures to my e-mail address listed above.

Failure to do so will be considered further acts of discrimination  against my person.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

Cc: USDOJ, Disability Rights Section

Cc: several