[nfbmi-talk] Very accessible andComprehensiveWeatherApp foriDevices

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 16:06:28 UTC 2012

From: MCB State Plan Hearings.

Here is the new boss .

Hello, my name is Beth Childress.  I am making comment on behalf of the
Michigan Rehabilitation Council or the MRC.

The MRC is the federally mandated State Rehabilitation Services designated
to work in strategic partnership with Michigan Rehabilitation Services
(MRS),

the public vocational rehabilitation (VR) program for the general population
of people with disabilities.

With the signing of Executive Order 2012-10 by Governor Snyder, the MRC has
been abolished.  At the same time, the Michigan Council for Rehabilitation
Services

(MCRS) has been created and will serve as the State Rehabilitation Council
for the blind and general service bureaus.

We look forward to our new responsibilities as prescribed in the
Rehabilitation Act, as amended, Section 105.  We anticipate the
establishment of a strategic

partnership with the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons (BSBP) pursuant to
our role of reviewing, analyzing and advising the BSBP administration.  Our

intent is that our membership will serve as the voice of customers with
disabilities, ensuring that the VR system for persons with low vision and
blindness

are receiving services that upholds the spirit and prescriptions of the
federal law as related to employment outcomes.

Thank you for this opportunity to make comment.

Now Beth Childress is with Kandu Out of Holland Michigan.

This is anAbility1 shelterred shop with sub-minimum wage waivers.

These are the folks who will be our Statewide Rehabilitation Council.

And by the way we don't have a separate commission for the blind.

We have a commission of LARA.

Now, if people like JJ don't get it. It's not my problem.

But he is on record on this list caving in to the illegal abolishment of PA
260 in the first executive order.

And that my colleagues is a documented fact.

Joe Harcz