[nfbmi-talk] Fw: will call you tomorrow

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Jul 25 23:47:28 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: Mikezelley at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: will call you tomorrow

Dear Mike,

This is basically a simple issue. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

This act as you know covers all State and Local entities.

It also covers the Michigan civil Rights Commission which you head and the Disability Network which you head.

The simple question is: Are either fully and completely compliant with the ADA to this day?

The simple answer is: "No and not even toyourself as a wheelchair user."

My God Mike this and these constant violations of our civil rights must end. They will only end with penalties for violations of our civil rights and with agressive actions, not platitudes and promises of compliance!

They will not end with the garbage and the guilt trips visited upon me today by John Burt, again a wheelchair user who said, or asked, "Will your advocacy shut down our wheelchair ramp program?" ...And other issues like that...

Look I've advocated for decades the full and fundamental inclusion and access as a civil right of all PWD to all our goverumnmental programs including those funded by the Rehab Act such as yours and including all state and local government programs.

It is the freaking law and it is my and our right.

Peicemeal compliance means nothing as experience shows us including this event which apparently is on City of Flint property and still isn't fully compliant to you, me and the disabled man behind the bloody tree!

Last minute accessible pporta potties and all like John Pointed to ain't good enough.

It is outragious that I a blind man fights for the given rights of wheelchair users and the very ons who are federally funded and then I get the crap I get.

It is outragious that I get the defensive and almost blacguilt trip responses that I get.

I'm sorry if this is embarrashing.

I don't care my fundamental rights of access, personally have been violated.

The ADA and 504 aren't pity projects. They are civil rights laws.

I take my civil rights very personally and am out of patience.

I want remedies for my personal injuries and my personal damages just as African-Americans wish for theirs.

I'm not a child of a lesser God, nor am I a child of a lesser Civil Rights law.

Again I want damages from both TDN and CRC and I'll promise you I'll leverage those to achieve justice for all....Justice for all once upon a time and in my lifetime for all People with All Disabilities including myself!

My God sir, again the ADA turns 22 tomorrow and this very ADA event is not fully accessible to PWD of all stripes including yourself!

What the heck more needs to be said!

Joe