[nfbmi-talk] NFBMI No Limits Youth Outreach Michael Seay Memorial Bridge Walk Weekend

melinda latham youthslammi at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 02:10:14 UTC 2012

National Federation of the Blind of Michigan – No Limits
Youth Outreach
2012 Michael Seay Memorial Bridge Walk Weekend
Thursday, August 30- Monday, September 3, 2012
Come join the youth of the Michigan Affiliate for an amazing
adventure.  This year we will travel to
Traverse City to stay at Camp Arbutus, a YMCA Camp.   We will have a ton of outdoor and enrichment
activities.   Some of the activities that we are planning
are: dune climb, trip to Lake Michigan, going to the Bay, high ropes course,
rock climbing and so much more.    This
trip is open to youth ages 10-18 and adults willing to serve as mentors.    Please keep the following information in
mind:
1.       This is an awesome weekend of fun that you don’t
want to miss!
2.       The cost is $75 per person
3.       The money is due to Melinda Latham NO LATER THAN
August 25, 2012.
4.       We will be leaving from Lansing ONLY.  It is your responsibility to make
arrangements to get you and or your child to and from the designed site.
5.       We will be traveling by Dean Transportation
school bus.
6.       We will be staying at a camp therefore you must
bring your own bedding.
7.       This is an active weekend please be ready to
move and participate in a lot of physical activity.  It is the expectation that everyone participate
in all events.  (We understand and will accommodate
health limitations.)
8.       We are asking each person in attendance to bring
a snack to share on the bus.   Bring
enough to share with at least 10 people, please. \
We are also seeking donations for some items, if you are
able to help we’d greatly appreciate that.
Things we need donated:
1.       Money to help with scholarships
2.       Money to help cover costs of trip supplies
3.       Bottled water
4.       Snacks such as chips, crackers, marshmallows,
etc
5.       Money
To adults I am looking for individuals to run activities while at
camp.  For the most part their staff will
be doing the challenge courses and such.  I need people to help with more of the enrichment activities.    I am looking for stuff such as Braille
challenge activities, small group discussion leaders, talent show host,
etc.  Any ideas that you might have
please don’t hesitate to let me hear them.  I am also looking for people who are interested in being team leaders.
TO Youth
Be ready for a fun active
weekend.   If you have any thoughts about
activities you’d like tparticipate in or lead please let me know.  I want to make this the most fun event of the
year.
Also, I need to find someone who
is willing to drive separate from the bus.   If you are interested please let me know ASAP.   Also,
I am looking for people who want to go to be a photographer.
      Please let me know if you have questions or
concerns.
  THank you for your support!!!!!!!!!!!

MELINDA LATHAM
Youth Outreach Coordinator, NFB of MI