[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Followup after July 19 CIC meeting

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Jul 27 01:02:10 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Turney, Susan (LARA)
To: 'phyllismagbanua at comcast.net' ; 'waynesworld50 at yahoo.com' ; 'Fred wurtzel' ; 'joe harcz Comcast' ; 'Geer Wilcox' ; 'Marianne Dunn' ; 'Cheryl Wade' ; 'Ghkitchen' ; 'Sharmese Anderson'
Cc: Cannon, Patrick (LARA) ; Luzenski, Sue (LARA) ; White, Elizabeth (LARA) ; McNeal, Gwen (LARA)
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:24 PM
Subject: Followup after July 19 CIC meeting

As follow-up to the July 19 CIC meeting, I'm sending the following documents and requested information to all CIC members:

·         The corrected and approved notes from the April 12 meeting are attached.

·         The draft notes from the July 19 meeting are attached.

·         The Appointments Application from Governor Snyder's website is attached.  This is online on the governor's website as a Microsoft Word file at http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,4668,7-277-57738---,00.html, and the only inaccessible portion is the stationery masthead at the top, which says, "State of Michigan, Executive Office, Lansing, Rick Snyder, Governor, Brian Calley, Lt. Governor." Also, at the bottom of the page, the word "revised" is printed.

·         I have invited Gwen McNeal and Beth White to the October 11 meeting, asking them to speak about transportation issues and staff referrals to the VA.

CIC members requesting Braille or large print have been sent all of this information in their preferred format, as usual.

I'll send a reminder about the October 11 meeting approximately one week before the meeting.

Susan Turney

Communications & Outreach Coordinator, Michigan Commission for the Blind

Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

desk:  517-241-8631; cell: 517-243-3858; fax:  517-335-5140

MCB toll-free: 1-800-292-4200

201 N. Washington Square, Second Floor, P.O. Box 30652, Lansing, MI 48909

www.michigan.gov/mcb