[nfbmi-talk] ada request complaint and documentation of same

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sat Jun 30 20:05:39 UTC 2012

June 30 2012 ADA Information Request Cannon

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

To: Patrick D. Cannon

Director Michigan Commission for the Blind

And Former State of Michigan ADA coordinator

(Via e-mail)

Dear Mr. Cannon,

I am writing you today to request all e-mail correspondences to any personnel in any agency of state government relative to the requirements of making the Michigan Commission for the Blind training Center fully accessible to all  people with disabilities including provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act especially considering the recent $3.5 million major alteration to it,.

Specifically I want any correspondences at a minimum relative to the absence of raised character and Braille signage on every permanent room required by American with Disabilities Act Guidelines (ADAAG) 3.40.1, 4, 5, 6.

Also since these were deficient at the MCB meeting of March, 2012 held at that location how do you explain your violations of even the program access requirements for fully accessible public meetings required not only by the ADA, but also required in both Title I and Section 504 of the very Rehabilitation Act of 1973 that creates and funds MCB to begin with?

This was under your watch sir as head of the entity. The contracts and all were signed when you were the State of Michigan ADA coordinator.

These are gross violations in documented fashion of my and other’s civil rights. And these rights are long standing as the ADA is about to celebrate its 22nd Anniversary on paper that is, but is clearly not implemented by you and other state agencies here in Michigan under your ever so watchful eye.

Regardless, send me  at minimum your recent correspondences with Ms. Christine Boone, Michael Zimmer and others in this fantastic story of how an agency for the blind is not fully accessible to the blind even to the point of knowing which bloody room one who is blind is going to at the very MCB Training center where indeed people are supposed to learn the skills of blindness including Braille!

By the way this also constitutes a complaint and documentation of said complaint!

Warmly,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.