[nfbmi-talk] auto mark

Jason Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Sun Nov 25 04:11:54 UTC 2012

Christine,
I'm not totally sure this is right, but hope you are. HAVA says that every
voting place has to have an accessible machine but I don't believe it
stipulates that these machines need to be active for state or local
elections. Michigan may have a state law for this however as I know we've
had local-only elections in Kalamazoo which were accessible as they should
be. Again, I hope you're right.
And, that's a cool story about your poling place.
I also make sure the poll worker never touches my ballot after it's handed
to me and I'm the one to put the paper (or papers as it was this time) into
the tabulator. Glad we use paper ballots in Michigan for the paper trail.

Best Regards,
Jason Meddaugh
A T Guys
Your Assistive Technology Experts