[nfbmi-talk] House Bill 6006

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 05:34:01 UTC 2012

20812 Ann Arbor Trail
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127

November 26, 2012

	Dear Michigan Federationists:
House Bill 6006 allows for the modification of Public Act 260, in
order to exempt Legislative Buildings from the Randolph Sheppard
Program. I have previously predicted the deterioration of this
program. We have to try and stop this bill. The slippery slope of
deterioration of the Business Enterprise Program is exacerbated by the
deterioration of the Business Enterprise Program Administration. If
Legislative Buildings are exempted, then other buildings will soon
follow. A good livelihood for blind citizens will be in serious
jeopardy if this bill is not eliminated! The former and current
administrations do not seem to be willing to keep the primary goal of
employment for the blind as their utmost priority. The National
Federation of the Blind of Michigan will combat the passage of this
bill with all of our ability in the Legislature!
Sincerely,

Larry Posont, President
(313) 271-3058
Email: president.nfb.mi at gmail.com