[nfbmi-talk] House Bill 6006

mary wurtzel marywurtzel at att.net
Tue Nov 27 03:58:58 UTC 2012

Dear Fellow Federationists,
I realize that ranting and raving does no good!!! I just don't
have anywhere else to go to express my utter sadness and
abhorence for what is happening.  I feel as though everything we
have accomplished inthe past 34 years or more is being
dismantled.  I do feel anger, but I am one who feels sadness,
too often along with it.
I have spoken with our rep and just want us to do whatever we
can.
Inthe midst of this, we are moving Fred's mom's belongings into
her apartment today.  We will move her there, tomorrow.  This is
enough stress in itself for Fred.  We do ask for your continued
prayers,   and have been grateful for your past   prayers.
Sincerely,
Mary Wurtzel

<nfbmi-talk at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:13:24 -0500
>Subject: Re: [nfbmi-talk] House Bill 6006

>Another point here.  The mere fact that this change is proposed
means that Ed
>Rodgers and indeed Mike Zimmer know darned well that these
facilities are
>indeed mandated facilities under PA 260.  The fact that the State
Plate has
>not been even put on the bidline shows that they both continue to
violate
>existing law.

>Moreover, there are literally hundreds of thousands of federal
Vocational
>Rehabilitation dollars involved in these facilities.

>What are they going to do about that?

>Where is the accountability for these expenditures over the
years?

>Joe

If
>> Legislative Buildings are exempted, then other buildings will
soon
>> follow.  A good livelihood for blind citizens will be in serious
>> jeopardy if this bill is not eliminated! The former and current
>> administrations do not seem to be willing to keep the primary
goal of
>> employment for the blind as their utmost priority.  The National
>> Federation of the Blind of Michigan will combat the passage of
this
>> bill with all of our ability in the Legislature!
>> Sincerely,

>> Larry Posont, President
>> National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
>> (313) 271-3058
>> Email: president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
>> Web page
>> www.nfbmi.org