[nfbmi-talk] House Bill 6006

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Nov 27 12:03:04 UTC 2012

Note: This is Rep. Bill Rogers bio and he is on the LARA Subcommittee.

Joe Harcz
Bio

DISTRICT

State Representative Bill Rogers was elected to his first term in the
Michigan House of Representatives in November 2008, representing the
townships of
Brighton, Genoa, Green Oak, Marion, Oceola, and the City of Brighton in
Livingston County; and Milford Township in Oakland County.

EDUCATION

Rogers graduated from Howell High School and Michigan State University.

PROFESSIONAL

Rogers is co-owner of E.B.I. Incorporated, and has been a residential home
builder since 1989.

PUBLIC OFFICES AND AFFILIATIONS

Rogers was a Livingston County commissioner who was first elected in 1998,
and was board chairman from 2006-2008. He served on the committees on
infrastructure/development,
finance and personnel. He also was a member of the Livingston Drain Board,
Brighton Chamber Foundation Board, Livingston County Small Business and
Technology
Development Center Board, Livingston County Economic Development Council,
and worked on the Regional Co-Op Group and Wireless Livingston Project.

PERSONAL

Bill is married and has four children and two grandchildren.

PUBLIC SERVICE

Rogers has been heavily involved with many community organizations including
Habitat for Humanity, the Lions Clubs and local chambers of commerce.

COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS

Rogers is a member of the House Appropriations Committee, serving as chair
of the subcommittees on school aid and department of education, vice chair
of
the LARA subcommitee and a member of the subcommittees on Military and
Veterans Affairs and State Police.