[nfbmi-talk] newsline at convention

Georgia Kitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Tue Sep 11 06:11:43 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I got this from a post that Larry Posont sent to the list. I believe that perhaps we can  learn from the folks in Illinois what worked at their convention.

Here is the part on Newsline,

Georgia
Newsline Help line
517-258-0632
service. Newsline® has many life-enhancing benefits.

What does Newsline® have to offer you?

1. Newspapers, newspapers, newspapers! Currently, Newsline® provides
more than three hundred newspapers from the United States and around
the world.

2. Magazines. Newsline® offers approximately forty magazines,
including Time, AARP, ESPN, Rolling Stone, and The Readers Digest.

3. Listings for TV programs carried by your satellite provider or
cable network.

4. Job listings from Career Builder, with the opportunity to set up a
personal profile. Illinois also offers a list of job openings at
agencies serving the blind.

5. The Blindness Information Channel, with news from several
organizations and agencies serving the blind of Illinois, as well as
information about accessible voting.

Accessing Newsline®

Newsline® subscribers can access the service in a wide variety of
ways. In addition to accessing content by means of a touch-tone phone,
subscribers can download content to a wide variety of digital Talking
Book readers. Individual articles may be sent to a subscriber's email
address using the phone or computer.

Perhaps the best thing about Newsline® is that all content is provided
twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, free of charge. If you
wish to learn more, don't miss the Friday-afternoon session on
Newsline® during the upcoming NFBI convention.

Give NewsLine a try. You may discover it's a service you can't live without!