[nfbmi-talk] newsline at convention

Terry Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 18:05:44 UTC 2012

Hi All, Georgia is certainly correct!  If you begin using NEWSLINE, you will
not be able to live without it.  Being the news and information addict I am,
NEWSLINE far exceeds my daily fix for news and information, and has replaced
and fulfilled the gap in my daily life for printed material I once could
read.  And now, Georgia, once again, just added to the type of information I
prefer to read.

To add to Georgia's information and idea, spreading the word about the
life-enhancing benefit of NEWSLINE among our fellow blind and
print-challenged readers, and increasing the number of subscribers to
NEWSLINE, will go a long way to get the support, and ultimately, additional
state funding, to continue and expand NEWSLINE in Michigan.

During our recent visit to the offices of state legislators and the
executive branch, to raise awareness of NEWSLINE, and the great need for
state funding of this life-enhancing service, I told my personal story of
the benefits of NEWSLINE, and how NEWSLINE has positively enhanced my life
personally since my loss of vision.  It is personal stories that get the
attention of political type decision-makers, and move them to support and
take action to advance a life-enhancing cause of constituents they serve.
So I encourage everyone to set a personal goal to take two simple action
steps:

1. Spread the word of the existence of NEWSLINE among your family and
friends that could benfit from their use of NEWSLINE, and encourage and
assist at least one or two to sign-up as subscribers to NEWSLINE through
Georgia Kitchen, and;

2.  Contact your state representative and senator by calling or writing a
brief letter, telling them your personal story of the benefits of NEWSLINE
to you, and request that they support additional state funding to this
life-enhancing service, and communicate their support for additional state
funding to the director of the Department of Licensing and Regulatory
Affairs.  There are strength in numbers, and your commitment to take two
small action steps will accomplish our goal to grow and expand NEWSLINE in
Michigan.

Many thanks to Georgia Kitchen for her tireless championing of NEWSLINE, and
your two small action steps will acknowledge and salute Georgia's commitment
and contribution to maintain, inform us about, and advance NEWSLINE among we
the blind and print-challenged reader.