[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Request to Request for Information

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Aug 16 20:03:40 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Haynes, Carla (LARA)
To: joe harcz Comcast (joeharcz at comcast.net)
Cc: Rodgers, Edward (LARA) ; Luzenski, Sue (LARA) ; Pemble, Mike (LARA) ; Belknap, Katie (LARA) ; Duell, Elsie (LARA)
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 3:59 PM
Subject: Request to Request for Information

August 16, 2013

Mr. Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

RE:  Request for Information

Dear Mr. Harcz, Jr.:

This email is in response to your August 9, 2013, email request for copies of records, received on August 12, 2013, in this office.  Please be informed that the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons (BSBP) is processing this request under the state's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231 et seq.

You have requested information as described in your email as:

"-The recent state plan submission made to RSA

-All of the transcripts of the "commission" meetings to date"

In order to determine the extent of the research time, the size and number of records of nonexempt information within the BSBP responsive to your request, a search must be undertaken.  For this reason, it is necessary to extend the time for response, as permitted by Section 5(2)(d) of the FOIA, through August 30, 2013.

If it is determined that there is a cost involved in the processing of this request, you will be sent a letter which will include an invoice outlining that cost (before or no later than August 30, 2013).  This letter may either request a deposit (if the cost is over $50.00) or request payment for the total cost if the amount is under $50.00.

Letter - P.J. Harcz, Jr.

August 16, 2013

Page 2 of 2

Sincerely,