[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Notice: NFB-NEWSLINE Michigan service termination

gkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Thu Aug 22 22:00:41 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Scott White
To: Georgia Kitchen
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:30 PM
Subject: Notice: NFB-NEWSLINE Michigan service termination

Notice of NFB-NEWSLINE Michigan service termination!

August 22, 2013

Dear NFB-NEWSLINE Michigan Subscribers,

I regret to inform you that NFB-NEWSLINE service in the state of Michigan will come to an end at 11:59 P.M. on August 31, 2013, unless funding can be obtained by that date.

During the past few years, the Michigan Bureau for Services to Blind Persons, formally the Michigan Commission for the Blind has funded NFB-NEWSLINE. A proposal for the service to continue in Michigan was sent to the Director of the Bureau, Mr. Ed Rodgers, outlining the fees for NFB-NEWSLINE in Michigan, which he has denied.

We will be working on efforts to reactivate the service as soon as possible and you should contact me if you wish to assist with this effort. I can be reached on 410-659-9314 extension 2231 or via e-mail at swhite at nfb.org.

Sincerely,

Scott White, NFB-NEWSLINE Director

National Federation of the Blind