[nfbmi-talk] Opinions on audible crosswalks?

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Fri Aug 23 22:07:23 UTC 2013

I am in favor of them. Coupled with good mobiliby skills they can be
great!I've heard that in some European countries they work really well!
Having said that the ones like you are talking about are poorly maintained.
It also doesn't cover both lanes there. When it tells you to cross the
unfortunate thing is that only one lane is good to go. The one on Paccard
and Stadium works much better with traffic. Also, unfortunately, some folks
have a tendancy to rely on the signal to be accurate more often than it
really is! Some of the advantages are that the one on Jackson-Maple does
click and you can hear it way before you get to it. Except when the city
decides to turn it down!