[nfbmi-talk] Leadership trip to Baltimore

David Robinson drob1946 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 18:17:29 UTC 2013

The trip was all that and more.  The national center is wonderful. It is
very impressive and I take great pride in the fact that it is our building,
built with the love and attention of all the members of the Federation.  The
food was spectacular and more then you could ever imagine.
   More then all of these good things was the feeling of unity.  Coming
together for a purpose so fundamental to the blind of this country and the
world.  Feeling as though the NFB is the light that continues to shine for
us.  We talked of problems and issues, but Dr. Maurer spoke of building the
organization and caring for one another.  Moving forward to bring our
Federation to all the blind of Michigan.  I felt that we  were all family
and needed to fill our roles within the family.  Sometimes to take the lead,
sometimes to follow. Sometimes we should speak out, sometimes we should be
silent and sometimes we need to motivate and sometimes we need to nurture
others.  Its all part of incorporating the Federation into our lives.
   For one, I am blessed to have gone.  I got to have a great experience
with my wife and my Federation family,and it means a lot to someone who has
believed in what we do for so long.  We are better off to have gone, and I
believe that the time we shared will help to make each of us stronger and
make our family here in Michigan even more determined to bring truth and
justice to our fellow blind.

Dave  Robinson