[nfbmi-talk] licensing or certification examination

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 18:19:48 UTC 2013

  From: "Marion Gwizdala" <marion.gwizdala at verizon.net> (by way of
David Andrews <dandrews at visi.com>)
  Date: December 18, 2013 at 8:47:42 PM CST

  Have you experienced difficulty requesting accommodations to take a
high stakes licensing or certification examination because of your
blindness? Did you request accommodations because of your blindness
and been denied? Or did you make arrangements for accommodations and
experience difficulty when taking the exam? If so, the Human Services
Division of the National Federation of the Blind needs to hear from
you!

                  One of the priorities of the Division is to remove
the barriers blind professionals in the Human Services fields, such as
social workers, counselors, speech pathologists, genetic counselors,
medical professionals, etc., face when attempting to fulfill the
requirements of their professional credentialing due to their
blindness. If you have faced difficulties with your professional
examination, please complete the brief questionnaire that follows my
signature and return it to us as soon as possible to

  Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net

  If you need assistance completing this questionnaire for any reason
or have additional questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch
with me. My contact information is below my signature.

  With warm regards,
  Marion Gwizdala, Co-Chair
  Policy & Law Committee
  Human Services Division
  National Federation of the Blind
  (813) 626-2789
  Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net

  Name:
  Telephone number:
  Email Address
  In which state do you reside?
  Which examination did or will you take?
  Who owns the examination?
  Who administers the examination?
  Are you currently scheduled to take the examination? If so, when?
  What accommodations did or will you request?
  Please describe your experience taking or attempting to take the examination.